Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Book Review of Adopted ED


I was given this book as a gift from One2One Network in return for my honest opinion of the book. This opinion is my own.

ADOPTED ED is a simple, easy-to-read and understand children’s book with important underlying messages of personal empowerment and social pressures and acceptance.

It focuses on the life of Eddie, an adopted little boy, who is just like every other boy and girl. At school, when he is teased by bullies about being adopted, his mom offers words of wisdom, which ultimately gives him self-confidence to deal with the situation.

Our family loves books we have four shelves full of kids books stacked up. I'm always on the look out for any book that teaches a lesson to my child. Adopted Ed is one of those book. Darren Maddern has taken a part of his life and put it into a book.This book is about so much more then adoption though Its about dealing with bullies and accepting the differences that you find in people. I love what Ed's mother tells him to say to the bully "My parents choose me yours were stuck with you" Love it. My dad adopted me when I was just a few days old and that is how I look at it He choose ME!! I loved this book and I hope that Darren Maddern keeps looks like these coming I cant wait for the next one.

Check out Darren Maddern's website
Adopted Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment